Monday, August 30, 2010

Owwww!


Well, this past Saturday I let my male ego get ahead of my body's recuperation. My oldest and her husband have been great in keeping up the yard work, but there is only so much you can do and still take care of your own place. So while recovering (from the wreck - & if you don't know of the wreck - who are you & why are you reading my blog?) I was noticing some yard work that I figured I could do using only my arms and not taxing my injured leg. Not remembering that it is all one body and related. (I know-I can hear you all shouting - "You Big Dummy!") Anyway, I figured I was okay since I didn't work too awful hard, used my arms, and took frequent breaks. Not thinking about the arms connected to the back, which connected to the legs, etc. (Even though DKW had warned me repeatedly not to do much - I did more than I should - but to her credit she has never once said "I told you so.) Well - I started getting sore in my legs, back & arms that evening and when I woke up Sunday morning I was so sore I was barely moving. I was walking and shuffling my feet like a little ole man and if I dropped something on the floor I left it there because my back was so sore I couldn't bend over to pick it up. I'm feeling better today, but I'm still a little sore. I have learned my lesson though about rushing things.

Everyone have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. and the shinbone's connected to the..kneebone..
    {that means the tibia's connected to the patella} oh, yeah! school house ROCKS!!

    {http://www.schoolhouserock.tv/Them.html}

    love your bones, giggle, wink, debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I knew you would overdo it! That's just as bad as saying "I told you so" isn't it? I love you Dad!!!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete