Friday, August 13, 2010

Another Long-Awaited Step


Last night, for the first time since the night before the wreck, I was able to get into and sleep in my own bed again. Heavenly! It was great to actually be able to talk and sleep next to my bride. Our first anniversary comes up in a couple of months, and while we have been talking everyday, its not the same as that talk you have as the day is ending and you drift into the evening.
One thing this accident did, was make me appreciate more the myriad of little things that happen every day and make up this thing we call "life". It will still be weeks (if not months) before I get close to being back to normal. (Though my normal - others may consider crazy). But I will make the journey, and thanks to my family and loved ones I know I don't make that journey alone.
Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. i love you baby, i missed you, glad that that is one less thing that is so different now, muwahZ, debra

    ReplyDelete