I find myself more and more turning on the "Closed captioning" feature while I'm watching a TV show or dvd. Its not that I can't always hear them, but a lot of the time I can't understand what was said. This is especially true with most of the shows I watch on BBC-America, different accents and all - ya know. There have been times when DKW & I have looked at each other and said "What did he say?" and then proceed (thanks to Tivo) watch the same scene 3 or 4 times and still not understand what was said. We can hear it, just can't understand it. Thanks to CC though (and I know not everyone likes to read along), I never miss any more dialogue.
I hated to do it, but the "Cooper" experiment didn't work out. He just was not adapting to being an inside dog - so he's back in his pen outside, and he does seem a bit happier being back in his regular digs. Oh well, at least he got a nice bath and a haircut.
Tea! Hmmm! When I first met DKW - as far as hot beverages were concerned - I was strictly a coffee drinker (exept for the occasional hot Doctor Pepper w/lemon slice - don't knock it - it's good. Well, I began drinking hot tea w/DKW and with all the different flavors there is plenty to enjoy. Well, I recently had Lipton's Vanilla Caramel Truffle tea. Sounds really good - but it's really not. If you want a good flavored tea - I really like the apple cinammon flavor, but if I have to choose a hot drink, I would probably still go with coffee, a lifetime habit is hard to break.
Cell phones seem to have taken over the world. I despise them. I have one and I use it occasionally, but I still despise them. When my first wife passed away in 2005 my children encouraged me to get one since I was travelling a lot on my motorcycle and if I broke down I could call someone. So I purchased a TracFone. Annually, I spend between 100 - 150 dollars for service & minutes. (I know some folks that spend more than that in a month for service.) I still do not use it a lot. I tell folks that 95% of the time I can be reached at work or at home - the other 5% of the time I don't want to talk to anyone. :-)
Everyone have a great day!