Monday, April 26, 2010

What a Crappy Weekend


After the weekend that just went past, I'm glad its Monday. I left work around noon this past Friday because I was feeling sick. If I could have, I wouldn't have left the house again - but things have to get done - appointments had been made, etc. Now, both my my 4-wheeled vehicles were in the shop. One (2009 Yaris) for insurance work and one (1985 S-15 P/U) for some engine work. So we only had my motorcycle running and with stuff to pickup on Saturday, we really needed a vehicle. Well around 3 PM we were told that the truck was fixed. The skies looked ominous, but it wasn't raining - so off we went. I paid for the truck repairs and headed for home on the bike (since I wasn't feeling good) while DKW went to Wally World to pick up a couple of things. I was about 10 minutes (& 5 miles) from home when the rain started. Thanks to my windshield my upper torso was dry, but from the knees down, I was soaked. I shed my clothes, took a nice hot showe, and hit my recliner for the evening.

Saturday morning I had to go pick up our AngelFood order from a local church. I went earlier than normal (around 7:30 AM) because severe weather was predicted later in the day. I took this home and at around 9:30 went to get a TV that I had agreed to purchase from a graduating student. (Now remember- I'm doing all this and I'm sick & feeling weak) I got to his apartment to get the TV (not expecting much since I was only paying 40 bucks) and found that it was huge! Its not a flat screen but its as big as one - its almost as wide as my desk at work. Even though I knew it wouldn't fit the space my current TV was in, I couldn't pass it up. It was too good a deal. Well, it was so big it wouldn't fit in the cab of my (small) truck. Fortunately, it wasn't raining at the time. I got home, did a quick remodel of my entertainment center so that it would fit, and with the help of my son-in-law (THANKS JOHN!) got it in place. I have to say - I love it! I was home watching it (and reading) the rest of the weekend.




Saturday afternoon a tornado came through fairly close to our area (about 15-17 miles from my house). My niece and her grandmother both had their homes hit. My niece was shown on the local TV news cast following the tornado. Follow the link and then click on the video "WCBI News @ 10 Part 2 4.24.20. My niece is the blonde lady they interview. Thankfully no one was hurt and the only damage at my place was I lost a large part of one of the trees in my front yard. I will take care of it when I'm back to feeling like 100% - which won't be today. I'm still feeling kind of yucky.

Hope to get our Yaris back today or tomorrow, as DKW and I will be going to a wedding in Birmingham (AL) on Saturday. (Picture is not our car, but similar. Our card is 2 door w/hatch in rear - Pic is of 4 door model - but the color is the same).

Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. i feel badly for you, or is that just bad; whichever it is, I feel for ya!! love ya and hope you get to feeling better in just *snap* that long! grins, debra

    ReplyDelete