Thursday, April 29, 2010

Random Stuff

Okay - so the pic has absolutely nothing to do with today's blog - TUFF! When I saw it I thought it was cute (I confess to liking chihuahuas) and thought I would share. So everybody go "Awwwwww!"

Last night DKW and I went to Mexico Tipico with her friend Meredith and her 2 boys - 3 and 1 1/2 (I think). Anyway - we had an enjoyable time though the boys were getting a bit fussy by the time we left. For some reason we didn't get the usual swift service we usually get when we go there. To me, it seemed they were understaffed for the number of customers and there were a lot of new (staff) faces - so both of these reasons may have contributed. But we weren't in a hurry and the waiter we had was very apologetic and "comped" us our appetizer and part of our meal. He was a very nice guy too, so yeah - I tipped him nicely.

Saturday DKW and I will be making a trip over to Birmingham for her friend Ferah's wedding. Its about a 3 hour trip and the wedding is at 6 PM, so we probably won't be getting back until late, but thats okay. The only concern I have is the possible severe weather that is predicted. We had tornadoes in the area last week and predictions are that this weekend could be as bad or worse - but I hope not.

As of Tuesday, we finally have all our vehicles back and running. Hope not to go through that situation again for a long time, if ever! We have been really pleased with our 2009 Toyota Yaris. Its a comfortable ride for a small car and gets great gas mileage. I've even been thinking ahead to when we pay it off (in 4 years time) that we may trade it in and get a 2014 or 2015 model. Just thinking - nothing definite. With all the auto changes that occur every year there may be something we like more by then - but not at the moment. Besides, when I'm not riding my motorcycle I drive a clunker (1985 GMC S15 P/U) - so I think we need to have one really dependable vehicle.

Everyone have a great day!

1 comment: