Friday, April 23, 2010

Sleeping Beauties

Actually took this pic last Sunday (I think). Anyway, DKW was reading and fell asleep on the couch with a sleeping Pearl lyin on her. Just thought I'd share it.

Glad I took off and mowed yesterday. Now they are predicting bad stormy weather tonight and nearly 100% chance of rain tomorrow. I'm a bit stiff, sore and burnt - but not too bad overall.

While I was mowing yesterday I ran over an old pair of someone's boxer briefs. Well, they wound tightly around my blades and I knew I would have to cut them off before I could continue to mow. Since they were on the blade on the side opposite the discharge vent I couldn't quite reach them. So I had the idea of running my mower over the edge of the driveway, this would give me 6 -8 inches of space to manuver with the knife to cut them off. I still think it was a good idea, and it would have worked perfectly - except that after a minute or so I realized that the spot I picked to carry out this out had me laying on an ant hill. After spending a few minutes removing all the ants from my arms, neck, and head - I moved the mower and after about 10 minutes of cutting, removed the offending garment and continued on. The ants are gone, but I have many welts to remind me - at least for a few days.

Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. see there? everyone wants a piece of you! grins, debra

    ReplyDelete