Monday, June 6, 2011

Busy - but Enjoyable Weekend


With the start of the Summer term here at MSU I am still trying to get paperwork done on my student workers (which the library depends on). The hold-up is the financial aid office getting their "green sheets" done (for gov't "work study" funds). Since the semester has started and I'm still waiting on paperwork I had to work the 8 hour 2-10 PM shift yesterday (Sunday 6/5).
But let me backtrack a bit - On Friday Mississippi State was to play Southern Mississippi in the NCAA Baseball Atlanta Regional. State was the 3 seed and Southern Miss the 2 seed. It was a very close game but MSU won 3-0 and went to the winner's bracket - On Saturday they played #4 seed Austin Peay whohad defeated #1 seed Georgia Tech on Friday. State jumped out front early and won 8-3. At this point, they were the only undefeated team left in the regional and Southern Miss had been eliminated by Georgia Tech. So Sunday afternoon(2 PM cst), Georgia Tech and Austin Peay played an elimination game with the winner to play State that evening (at 6 PM cst). Georgia Tech earned that honor. I was at work and was able to listen to the entire game - since we had very few patrons come in. State jumped out early - 1 run in the first, 2 in the 2nd and 3 in the 3rd. Georgia Tech did score late and made things interesting in the 9th inning but State held on and won 7-3. On a side note - Nick Routt (MSU's pitcher) threw State's very first complete game of the year! As the Atlanta Regional champions they won the right to go to Gainesville, Florida, this coming weekend and play #2 National Seed, Florida Gators. Win or lose - I still love my dogs and for a team picked to finish dead-last in the SEC West (in pre-season polls) - they have already achieved much. GO DOGS!
Not to leave it out - but Saturday - I spent much of the day mowing my 5+ acres. Man - it got hot. The high that day reached 99 degrees. I ended up take a break for an hour and a half during the hotest part. Took a shower to cool down and had a couple of popsicles and lots more water. Staying hydrated in that heat is definited a priority and my sweetie makes sure I keep this in mind. I will say that my tan is starting to look really good though. Anyway - that's the weekend that was.
Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. you da man! I know you are glad to be able to get out and mow and trim and all that. I'm glad that you are able to do so without pain and harmful effects. I'm kinda glad you went into work yesterday, cuz that way you got to listen to the entire game! yea!! i love you, debra

    ReplyDelete