Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Good bye Friend!


I read this morning that Bully XIX (also named "Tonka") - MSU's mascot from 2001 to 2009 was humanely euthanized yesterday following a long battle with health problems. Everyone who is a member of the MSU family knows/knew of Tonka, but since I worked here at the MSU Vet School I was fortunate enough to see him on a frequent basis. One of my favorite memories is of coming into work one morning at the same time as Tonka and his owner. His owner was talking to someone else and Tonka just followed me into the elevator. I was almost to the third floor when I realized he (alone) was with me. I petted and rubbed his head as I pushed the button to take us back down to his (now frantic) owner - who had missed him and had no idea where he had gone. We had a good laugh about it (then & many times following) about me and my "elevator buddy". Bye Tonka!
Friday, my new boss is scheduled to start working. (July 1st is first day of state's new fiscal year). Laurel will be the third person in the Library Director position since I have been here at the CVM Library. She seems like a nice person, but no-one really knows what a person is like until you actually spend some time around them. I'm gonna give her a chance though and hope things work out.
Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. i can just see you bonding with the bully! so sweet, love ya, debra

    ReplyDelete