Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Monday

Well, when I get off work today DKB and I will be going with my youngest daughter (who turns 21 today) and her husband to the Silver Star Casino in Philadelphia, MS. I'm really looking forward to it. Not just for gambling (which I don't do often) but for the fun of going there with DKB. I've saved for a while to ensure that we can have a good time without damaging my financial situation.

Watched my grandson, Dylan, Friday night along with DKB. We put him to bed around 10 or 10:30. I heard him get up at 3:50 AM, fussing. I changed his diaper and gave him a bottle and was able to finally put him back to bed at 5:30. He let me sleep about 4 more hours before he was up again. I let DKB sleep.

Saturday, I started prepping for my turkey dinner (w/dressing, gravy, cranberry sauce, etc.) on Sunday. I use an 18 quart roaster to cook the turkey and start it cooking Saturday afternoon (around 5 pm) with a low heat. I then check it Sunday morning and adjust the cooking temperature if needed. The result is a very juicy (but ugly) bird that is literally falling off the bone.

In my past Friday blog, I promised a couple of my in-depth postings of my random musings. Here is the first: In 1974, I was stationed at the U.S. Coast Guard Search and Rescue Station in Pascagoula, MS. Around 8 PM, one evening we received a call about a blue light moving just under the surface of the water in the Pascagoula Ship Channel. I responded, along with an engineer driving the 16 ft Chris Craft. About 3/4 of a mile from the mouth of the channel we observed a blue light moving slowly (about 2 knots) up the ship channel. We paced it for a couple of hundred yards, before I took out a boat hook and poked at it. I briefly made contact with something and felt an electrical-type tingle. The light then disappeared for a couple of minutes. Then we saw it again just under the surface moving away with increasing speed. We opened our 2 - 4oo hp - Evinrudes to top speed and couldn't keep up. We cut our engine speed and watched until we lost sight of it. Then, about a half a mile from us we saw the blue light break the surface of the water and continue to rise, straight up and at high speed, until it disappeared from sight. Couldn't really tell an actual shape, but it looked like a blazing blue ball about 200 to 300 yards in diameter. So thats my UFO story, and believe it or not, it happened to me. Next time - my trip to the South Pole.

Be back Wednesday, taking off work tomorrow, so that I don't have to worry about rushing to work after a late night at the casino tonight. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment