Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Hump Day


The past 3 day weekend really screwed with my internal clock. I spent most of the morning convinced that it was Tuesday. Anyway, I know it is Wednesday and in case you didn't know it, its "National Hugging Day" - I kid you not - look it up.
My oldest son called this morning and asked if I could watch my newest grandson (born 1/6/09) Jonas, tomorrow night. Of course I said yes - he's such a cutie. As I think all my grandchildren are. But then, don't all grandparents think that way.
After work today I'm supposed to meet DKB at the public library and meet some of her friends. Don't know what they expect of me, but I hope I live up to those expectations.
First full day for our new president. Regardless of your political leanings, give the man a chance to do something before you lavish praise or blame on his head. Myself, I live by the rule "If you want to keep your friends, don't discuss politics or religion."
Some more rambling musings:
1. When I was a kid, I had a dog named "Bingo". Have no idea why I named her that.
2. When I was a kid, one of my neighbor friends was Jessie James. His father was Frank. True - cross my heart.
3. Ran away from home in 3rd grade. Don't remember why. Do remember my father wearing my butt out.
4. In 1972, I was working with my father roofing a house and "Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night, came on the radio. To this day I still remember the lyrics - "Jeremiah was a bullfrog...."
5. 1966, I was given a "Batman" bedspread. I still have it on one of the beds in my home now.
6. Guilty Pleasure- "Power Rangers". I've watched all the incarnations. From the original "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers" to the most recent "Power Rangers: Jungle Fury".
Remember "Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of jalapenos -- what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......"
Everyone have a great day and I will be giving DKB my "National Hugging Day" present(s) later. Chow!

1 comment:

  1. huppy hamp day! snickers. i didn't know that today was national hugging day, but dude, i did my fair share! thanks for the lovely evening, adore the pic, esp that the lil one is grabbing some ass *wink* i have NEVER ever seen the power rangers, i mean, i know who they are, but not much else...guilty pleasure?? grins, debra {yes, he was a good friend of mine}

    ReplyDelete