Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Birthday to MEEEEEE!!!!!.........................


OKAY!! Tomorrow (April 3rd) I will be 57 - and proud of it! The reason for that is this - My father and his father (my grandfather) both passed away at the age of 56. My great grandfather died in his 30's (due to combat). So I will be the first male on my father's side of the family to reach this age in at least 4 generations. Prior to my great-grandfather, I don't know - so it could be even longer. Thing is, most folks that know me say I take after my mother's side of the family - and they are rather long-lived. My mother still lives and is currently 77. Her father (we called him "Big Daddy") passed away at age 97 and his wife ("Mama Jenny") was 93. Soooo - I'm shooting for another 40 or 50 years. Paaarrrtttyyyyy Onnnn!
Anyway, my sweetie and I have plans and I'm taking a week or so off work. Gonna take care of some things around the house, take a visit to my oldest, maybe fish, and just enjoy myself until I come back to work on the 11th. So it will be at least that long before I write again.
Everyone have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. i love you so!! happiest birthdays of all, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoyed your birthday thoroughly. I'm sure you did. Live long and prosper (making the Spock hand)
    Love you dad.

    ReplyDelete