Tuesday, May 24, 2011

You Gotta Read This!


Books that really affect me have been few and far between in my life. This book, however, is one that I think will stay with me a long time and at some point in the future I plan to read it again. "A Dog's Purpose" by W. Bruce Cameron is a quick, but outstanding, read. Be warned though, that if you do read it (and I strongly urge you to) to have a box of tissues handy. There are definitely a few "tear-jerker" moments. Without giving too much away, "A Dog's Purpose" is a first-person narrative by the subject dog from the time he is born (the first time) and several re-incarnations. I know you might be saying "WTF", but trust me it works. You might be able to see the end coming (I did) but I still couldn't put it down. DKW can tell you that when I finshed it last night I had tears in my eyes. If you are one of those folks that only read one or two books a year (I'm not - I read 100+) make this one of them. You won't regret it.
Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. i'm sorry it's taken so long for me to say this, blogger was down for awhile...however, let me say it now! i'm glad that you recommended this and i told everyone that asked while i was reading it that they might want to give it a read too! it truly is a good book, love you baby

    ReplyDelete