Thursday, March 25, 2010

Old Movies and Rainy Days


I think I may have posted here before that I like old movies, specifically black & white movies made in the late 1930's thru the 1950's. Granted, a lot of the effects they used then seem simplistic by today's standards, but there are a lot of good movies out there that folks have never heard of. Rainy Days and Old Movies - I consider a good time. Kick back in my recliner - maybe have a snack - with Pearl snuggled down by my leg. Fun! I have the habit (at the end of each month) looking through Turner Classic Movie Channel's line-up for the next month, writing them down and then programming my TIVO to grab those movies for me. Earlier this month DKW and I watched "The Egg and I"(1947) with Fred MacMurray and Claudette Colbert. This is the movie that introduced the characters "Ma and Pa Kettle" (played by Marjorie Main & Percy Kilbride) and their 15 children to the world. Well, last night we watched the movie that followed "The Egg and I", titled (appropriately enough) "Ma and Pa Kettle" (1949). I know DKW doesn't share the same passion for old movies that I have - but she indulges me and watches with me - and even gets a chuckle every now and then.
I also tend to look at background locations and characters and wonder what the places look like today and what kinds of lives the people in these movies lead. I wonder if they ever thought that (in some cases) 70 years in their future people would be watching them ply their trade as an actor. Just the kind of thoughts that clutter up my mind.
Every one have a great Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment