Friday, November 27, 2015

On to Oxford

1 more Win  for State Championship
I'm gonna keep this brief  I just got home  from a really exciting game.  Starkville High scored 14, then Madison Central scored 14, plus a field goal right  before the half and led  the Yellow Jackets 17-14.  SHS kicked off to start the 2nd half and stopped them to force a punt. The Jackets drove down and scored to lead 21-17.  They scored again late in the 3rd to lead 28-17.  MC kicked a field goal (after SHS's defense held for 3 plays inside the one yard line) to make it 28-20.  That was the final score.
So next week (Friday, Dec. 4th at 7 PM) SHS will play the Petal Panthers (who beat Meridian 36-28 tonight) for the Mississippi 6A Championship.  I'm going!  The last time I attended a football game on That School Up North's campus I had gone with my dad and a friend of his to see my Bulldogs play the Rebels in Archie Manning's last Egg Bowl (1970).  I don't remember many details other than it was very exciting, MSU won 19-14, and Archie (Who?) played the game with a cast on his non-throwing hand.

Now if only the Bulldogs can win tomorrow.
Every one have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment