Saturday, November 7, 2015

Mississippi High School Football Playoff Time

Some classifications (2A, 3A, & 4A) started this week.  My Starkville High Yellowjackets (#1 in 6A, Region 2) start the playoffs at home next week when they host the Olive Branch Conquistadors (#4 in 6A, Region 1).  After Friday night's game with Clinton High, Starkville is 9-1. This game actually was for playoff seeding as both teams are playoff bound.  It was a miserable night, weather-wise, as it rained nearly the entire game.  Plus, I was a little conflicted because I am a proud graduate (Class of '72) and supporter of SHS but my grandson was playing for Clinton High.  So I was little happy and a little sad at the game's end.  Oh well, if things work out we could be playing again, but for higher stakes.  Playoff time - Everyone starts new.  So - NO ONE should get too cocky!  Upsets happen!

Speaking of upsets.  A tip of the hat to the Arkansas Razorbacks for their 53-52 overtime win over That School Up North in Oxford.   I hope my Bulldogs were paying attention as they have to face the Hogs in Arkansas in two weeks. (After getting Alabama at home next week.)  Its never easy in the SEC.

No comments:

Post a Comment