Tuesday, October 9, 2012

This year is FLYING BY........

Don't tell me you haven't noticed  Find it hard to believe that three weeks from tomorrow DKW and I will celebrate our third anniversary. Yes- we have plans and No - I'm not sharing them.  Maybe afterwards I'll share a bit.
This has been an eventful month.  On October 3rd we added little CoCo ( see up ^ there) to our household.  She's a Yorkie-Spaniel mix and should top out at 10-15 pounds when grown.  She and Sophie are getting along pretty well.  Check out Sophie's Blog for a little more input. We in the process (obviously) of house-training, but I think she's doing fairly well.
On Friday past, (5th) SHS defeated Ridgeland 23-0.  We play at  Canton HS this coming Friday and are heavily favored (if the pundits are correct).  On paper, we are in second place in our region.  This is because Callaway has played (and won) one more region game than us.  Neither of us has a loss yet.  However, this weekend Callaway plays the Ridgeland team we just defeated and those previously mentioned pundits have Ridgeland favored by a single point.
MSU won at Kentucky this past Saturday (27-14) and are back home this weekend to face Tennessee.  Kind of a late game for us (8:00 PM Local time) - but thats so it can be shown on ESPNU.  State is a scant three point favorite over UT.  This is a big game for MSU for several reasons: (1) To stay undefeated, (2) Winning that 6th game and becoming bowl eligible and (3) A third SEC victory.  If State takes care of business (as they should) it will put MAJOR focus on the October 27th game in Birmingham with #1 Alabama.  I'm not gonna comment on it any more.  Don't want to jinx it!  GO DAWGS!
Man - I don't even want to talk about my fave pro teams.  Of the Raiders and the 4 other teams I follow after them, all are at the bottom of their division - with one exception.  I'm hoping things will be better, but it may be a while before I comment on Pro ball again.
Everyone have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment