Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012. Wow!


In my early teen years (back in the stone age - circa 1968), when I first became an avid reader - I loved (as I do now) Science Fiction and fiercely anticipated that time after the next century started - when I would have my own jetpack or personal gyro-copter. Well - someone (*ahem! ahem!*) grossly miscalculated. I have neither of those devices to get to work with. Oh well, probably best that I don't. But it would have been nice to have the option.
Life, as it always is, is in a state of flux. My oldest and her family have relocated due to J's new job. I didn't realize how much I'd miss having them next door. The place is totally dark now when I leave for work in the mornings and its so quiet with their pups gone. Not to mention not hearing "Hey PawPaw!" on the occasions that I take Sophie out and my grandkids are out in the yard. *sigh*
My youngest son will be here this weekend to visit for a week or so. Looking forward to seeing him and his better half - been 18 months (give or take) since we saw them last.
Work is kind of overwhelming as I catch up on things from the last couple of weeks - but it is getting better.
Tomorrow is one of my grandkid's birthday (Love ya "J-Man") and my oldest son is having a party for him Sunday. Looking forward to it! (and thanks to Tivo - I won't miss any of the NFL Playoff games).
Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. yes, lots of fluxing going on, nodding sagely. grins, love, debra

    ReplyDelete