Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Head is Spinning

Wow! How time has flown. I can't believe its been nearly a month since I last made an entry, but it has been time well spent. The past couple of weeks Debra and Mama Mia have been a virtual whirlwind in the house - cleaning, sorting, painting. My poor head is spinning. The house is looking better and better - much better than when I was living alone and doing very little in the way of upkeep. (As DKB would say - "Typical Guy"). Hard to believe its less than 6 months now (5 mos, 26 days according to the countdown on DKB's blog) to the wedding, I went a little more low-tech and wrote a countdown on my calendar at work - so as of today its 179 days to the wedding. Seems like a long time as you go through it, but I know it will be here before you know it.

If you like 70's music like I do, I found this really neat radio station online. Its WOGL out of Philadelphia and I've been digging it while I work for a couple of days now. The music brings back some really nice memories.

This past weekend I was doing some yard work (mowing, trimming, etc.) around the house and yard and my granddaughter, Amber came over to where I was working. I was using my big-wheel trimmer to cut some tall weeds growing along the fence around my cesspool and she looks at me with these big eyes and innocently asks "What are you doing around the snapping turtle pond, PawPaw?" I caught myself before I burst out laughing, because she was so serious and told here that I was just cutting down weeds and stickers so that she wouldn't get hurt. I did get a chuckle out of it later though. At one point my late wife had even tried landscaping around the cesspool (which caused me to think of the story of lipstick on a pig) to hide what it is. At that time, I was working on putting plants around it and the sun was going down and all I could think was this would be a great title for a redneck romance novel or murder mystery- "Sunset on the Cesspool"! LOL.

Anyway - Every have a great time until I post again. I can honestly say that my life is getting better thanks to my sweetie, DKB.

1 comment: