Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Late but still here

I've been a bit negligent, since its been almost a week since I made an entry. No excuses, I just have much more fun reading the blogs of those that are much better writers than I am. Sharing those laughs and tears vicariously. But I will persevere and try at least to be mildly entertaining.

Living in the south, I ride my motorcycle just about year round. To do so I keep a very close eye on the weather reports and on the days that there is more than a 40% chance of rain, I drive my truck. Well, I had dutifully checked before I left work on Monday and saw that there was only a 30% chance of rain Tuesday afternoon. Well, when I got off work it was raining. Not wanting to leave my bike at work, I geared up and took to the road. While it was not a downpour, it was steady, and inside of a mile I was soaked (only 9 more miles to home), plus the temp was around 50 degrees. Dude! I was ssssssoooooo cold! Once I got home (pic is of my house last summer) and pried my fingers from the handlebars, I let loose the hounds (my chihuahua-mixed dogs - Harley & Pearl) of war, went inside and stripped out of my clothes and straight into a hot shower (aaaaaahhhhhh! such bliss!). Once dry, I threw my clothes in the wash and fixed a cuppa mint tea with a wee bit of 80 proof fortification. I then sought to snuggle down in my recliner with a nice warm quilt over me - but nooooo - the fates were against me. I heard an ominous crack and the left side of my recliner gave way. Well, crap! So much for the best 5 dollar yard sale recliner I purchased 2 years ago. I guess I got my money's worth, but now I have to go check the local thrift stores for a semi-new chair. I've had my bike for 3 1/2 years and count the number of times rain has caught me on one hand, so my system works pretty well. I'm of the opinion that if its not raining when I go to work, I'll take my (40% or less) chances going home. Besides, that means there is a 60% chance I'll stay dry. Better odds than any casino.
DKB has been a bit under the weather the last couple of days. I talked with her last evening and she seemed to be doing a little better. I'll see her this evening. I've promised her a foot rub and hot chicken soup. As I said before, I'm an avid reader. I'm currently reading "Cradle" by Arthur C. Clarke & Gentry Lee. Only about 50 pages in so far, but its developing quite nicely. Can't wait to see where it takes me.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. dude! i was getting chills just reading about getting caught in the rain; then cozy warmth reading about the shower and the fortified tea; then exhausted by the broken recliner. i'm ready to crawl into bed and get some sleep. looking soooOOOOooo forward to seeing you! love, debra