Sunday, August 14, 2016

OMG! Football!! WooooHoooo!

Dak and Bully! !
Glory Days!
Okay, I know its early yet, but Friday night my Oakland Raiders beat Arizona and last night (in what I considered a double victory) the LOS ANGELES Rams beat the Dullest Plowboys.  Now I realize that its only the first preseason game for each of these teams, but hey, in the audition for Tony Romo backup (in Dallas) former MSU QB Dak Prescott looked absolutely awesome in the first half.  He was 10 for 12 passing (& the 2 misses were balls dropped by the same receiver after Dak put the ball right in his hands), but should be 12 for 12.He had 2 TD passes and NO interceptions.  The second half QB, Jameill Showers, was good, but Dak was better.  The Rams unheralded QB, Sean Mannion,  had a great 2nd half and the Rams came back and won the game late 28-24.  The 2016 #1 overall NFL Draft pick Jared Goff, did not look good for the Rams in the first half. I know, I even said earlier - "Its Preseason", but hey - Football is back.  My SHS Yellow Jackets start play on Friday and MSU opens at home with South Alabama on September 3rd.  Its gonna be tougher for them this year without Dak, but the starting QB battle is now down to 3 wannabes.

Couple of sporting events that I'm a little interested in today.  At noon (CST), in the National Pro Fastpitch League, the Pennsylvania Rebellion play at the Dallas Charge.  Now, my interest in this event is based on 2 reasons: (1) Kayla Winfield of the Rebellion, played at Mississippi State last year and is an excellent athlete, and (2) my sweetie is from PA.

Oooh! Good tie-in for future Sharknado Movie!
The other event of interest is the Arena Football conference championship game (at 5 PM cst) between the Jacksonville Sharks and the Philadelphia Soul.  The winner will play the Arizona Rattlers (who doubled up the Cleveland Gladiators 82-41 yesterday).  Now I'm pulling for the Sharks, because Jacksonville is where my youngest son and his family live. (He proudly serves in the USCG).  Also, you may not know - but the Philadelphia Soul are owned by rock icon, Jon Bon Jovi.  (And totally unrelated to this game, but the Arena team in Los Angeles (the LA Kiss) are owned by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley.  Of the legendary rock band, KISS.)
Everyone have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment