Thursday, August 28, 2014

FOOTBALL!, Deer vs. Smart Car, and Catching up.

Half Right - I did use OH . . . .!
Ok, first let me address the deer situation.  On my way to work this morning (in my Smart Car), I had just passed a very slowly moving old dump tuck loaded with junk.  I had pulled back into my lane as a deer flashed into my peripheral vision from the left, as I was going for the brake, the deer hit my car right at the front wheel and fell in front of the truck behind me.  Too bad for Bambi.  We both stopped, (at the fire tower and out of traffic) and the truck driver called the Highway Patrol so that the deer carcass could get removed from the road way.  While he was doing that I was checking out my little car.  To my great surprise, there is absolutely no sign of any damage. (And it still drives fine).  The HP soon arrived and we both left.  The Smart Car is made by Mercedes, and I guess that fine German engineering shows.  GREAT LITTLE CAR!
Football is back.  Last Friday (8/22/2014), SHS dominated Noxubee Central (the #1 4A team in the state, 51-19.  It doesn't get any easier tomorrow as we go to Oxford High and play the #1 5A team in Mississippi.
Tonight (8/28) there are 4 college games on TV and I have more than a passing interest in a couple, but the game I am most interested in is Ole Miss and Boise State in Atlanta.  I'll also peek in, from time to time, on the Tulane @ Tulsa game - just cause I've been to Tulane games in the past.  There are 3 or 4 college games tomorrow night on TV also, but Saturday is the BIG day.  The first game that day is a 7:30 am (central).  It is Penn State vs. UCF, live from Dublin, Ireland.  Too many games to mention during the rest of the day, but I will be watching my MSU Bulldogs play the Southern Miss Golden Eagles at 6:30 on the new SEC Network.  Go Dawgs!  MSU is expected to win as the various betting services have them 4 to 5 touchdown favorites.  So everybody grab yer Snacks, settle in, and feed your pigskin palate!
Everybody have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment