Thursday, August 28, 2014

AND THEY ARE IN COLLEGE!!!!!

Okay, I need to catch up, but this one incident that occurred deserves its own post.  So here goes.....
For those that don't know, I work in a College of Veterinary Medicine Library.  So nearly all of our non-faculty patrons are grad students working on becoming a vet. 
So early one morning, I had a very agitated young lady approach me and say,  "Please look at this.  I sent it to the color printer" (which I confirmed by checking the cover sheet) "and it printed in black and white."
I went with her back to our computer area to check our color printer and make sure there was sufficient toner in each of the 4 base colors.  There was, so puzzled, I asked if she was still logged into one of our lab computers.  She was, so I asked if she minded if I took a look at the document she wanted to print. 
"Sure", she sniped. "Its not working right."

So I went into the document and scrolled down several pages.  The document was in Black and White!

So I asked her, "Do you know that this document is in black and white?"

"YES," she whined. " But I NEED it in Color!

After a few minutes of patiently trying to explain that if the original document is in black and white, it will only print in black and white, she seemed to finally grasp the concept and left.

This is our future?

Everyone have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment