Friday, October 18, 2013

Yard Mowing season nearly over!

Recliner Ready!
First game kicks off at noon!
I've been busy with projects at work the last couple of weeks, but decided I needed to make time to publish an entry.

On the football front, big game tonight for SHS.  They are hosting Madison Central in a game that will, in all likelihood, decide first & second place in Region 2-6A.   Both teams are 5-2 (3-0 in Region 2).  MC is slightly favored (2 pts.) in what is basically a pick-em game.  C'mon Jackets! Time to Bow Up!

MSU has a bye this week and quite frankly, has had a disappointing season thus far.  They are 3-3 overall and mathematically (with 6 games left) can become bowl eligible.  Last week was homecoming and while we did win, it was nothing to write home about.  MSU barely eeked out a 21-20 victory against Bowling Green and was (except for one play) very unimpressive doing it.  With the six remaining games against teams that are, or were,  ranked this year I would not be too surprised if we don't win another in 2013.  I'll be unhappy - but not surprised.  I will, however, continue to support my team.  Its what a true "fan" does.  Go DOGS!

My Raiders, (sigggghhhhhh) 2-4 and in last place in the AFC West.  'Nough said.

The temp is getting cooler and the grass is growing slower.  I'm planning on mowing next weekend (for the first time in 4 weeks) and I thinking that it might (fingers crossed) be the last time this year.  This will leave my weekends free for other projects, for which I seem to always have something going on.  Whether a necessary or pleasure project is the question.  But DKW will tell you that I feel a little lost when I don't feel like I've accomplished something over the weekend.

Everyone have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment