Tuesday, July 3, 2012

So What?

I was reading today that according to "The Sporting News" (and others), Mississippi State has the weakest non-conference football schedule in the nation and could conceivably be 6-1 or 7-0 before going into the "meat" of their schedule.  I say "SO WHAT?!"  "I DON'T CARE!"   Not too awful long ago MSU's schedule was ranked the toughest in the nation and we struggled to a 5-6 season.  I said at that time - "Why aren't we playing winnable non-conference games?"  Well, changes in leadership (new A.D. and Coaches) and "voila" here we are.  Heck, I'm tickled pink! A 6-1 (or better) start would guarantee a post-season bowl.  I don't care if we have multiple blow-out games. And I'm sure if they were honest - other fans would say the same.  Go DOGS!

Here's our schedule:
2012 MSU Bulldog Football Schedule

Sept. 1 - Jackson St.- Starkville
Sept. 8 - Auburn - Starkville
Sept. 15 - Troy in Troy, AL
Sept. 22 - South Alabama - Starkville
Oct. 6 - Kentucky in Lexington, KY
Oct. 13 - Tennessee - Starkville
Oct. 20 - Middle TN St. -Starkville (Homecoming)
Oct. 27 - Alabama in Tuscaloosa, AL
Nov. 3 - Texas A&M - Starkville (Snow Bowl Reunion)
Nov. 10 - LSU in Baton Rouge, LA
Nov. 17 - Arkansas - Starkville
Nov. 24 - Ole Miss in Oxford, MS

Only 3 weeks or so until the NFL training camps start (Eagles start 7/22).  Most teams start on the 27th or 28th.  The first pre-season game is the Hall of Fame game (in Canton) on August 5th between the Saints and Cardinals. Hard to believe football is so close with the triple digit heat outside.
Tomorrow is the Fourth of July and I (like 90% of  the nation) plan on grilling out for me, DKW and our Moms!  Don't worry on my cooking will be done outside (in the shade).  We will enjoy the eats inside with the AC.  (Triple digit heat - 'member?  We ain't crazy!)
Everyone have a great day

1 comment: