Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Year's Nearly Over


It's been a couple of weeks since my last entry and I thought I ought to wrap things up since I may not get the opportunity again before 2012!
With their loss to Detroit on Sunday - the Raiders may be eliminated from the NFL playoffs. They are tied with Denver (at 7-7) but Denver holds the tiebreaker, so the Raiders would have to win their last 2 games (with division foes Kansas City and San Diego) and hope Denver loses one of its last 2 (Buffalo and Kansas City). All I can do is hope. They haven't looked too great lately.
MSU plays Wake Forest on December 30th in the Music City Bowl (in Nashville). They are currently a 7 point favorite and I feel confident that they will win.
Today is my last work day for 2 weeks (Jan. 3rd). Going into the holidays with mixed emotions. Looking forward to my grandkid's getting their gifts but it also means my oldest and her family are relocating to Jackson so that John can start his new job. I wish them well, but I will miss having them living next door.
Looking forward to the visits, but I know that by the time January 1st rolls around I will be ready to get back to work.
But I can guarantee you that I will get my fill of football (Thanks Sweetie!). DKW indulges my football addiction to the extreme. But the football season is winding down. However, in March, the new Tupelo Hound Dogs of the Ultimate Indoor Football League begin play. I'd like to go see one or two games.
Anyway - I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2012!
Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. sweeterpea, as far as habits go, obsessing about football is not a bad one. love ya so, debra

    ReplyDelete