Friday, December 2, 2011

State (HS) Championships Start Today


There are 3 games today (1A, 2A, & 6A) and 3 games tomorrow (3A, 4A, & 5A). All held in the Veterans Memorial Stadium in Jackson, MS. SHS plays in the 5A Championship Game tomorrow night at 7 PM in what will be the last High School game in Mississippi this year. The Picayune Maroon Tide are actually the (slight) favorites over the SHS Yellowjackets. Everyone is predicting a tight game and, depending on breaks, either team could win. My grandson and I will be in attendance and hoping for an SHS victory. Win or lose, I'll be yelling for our team - but I will be keeping my fingers crossed. (Couldn't hurt.) Found videos for previous SHS Championship games. Most are highlights and run under an hour but the oldest/first one is the entire game as shown on TV. The games are 1984, 1994, 1995, and 2001. I'm providing the links for you to enjoy - if you wan to. On a related SHS (non-football) subject - the boys basketball team is currently undefeated (6-0) and ranked #1 (regardless of class) in the state. They play tonight at West Point High.
And back to football - MSU finds out Sunday where they will be headed for a bowl game - but the general consensus now seems to favor them heading to Nashville for the "Music City Bowl". We'll find out.
My Raiders play at the Dolphins Sunday. Here's hoping for a victory so that they can maintain first place in the AFC West.
I'll blog next week and let you know how things turn out. GO JACKETS!!!
Everyone have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment