Monday, July 20, 2009

Catching Up


Its been a little bit since my last post, but I've been catching up at work and doing other things which have taken up my time and preventing me from blogging.




This past weekend I was pretty busy. Friday, I told my oldest grandson for a trip on my motorcycle to the Chuck E. Cheese Pizza place in Tupelo (about an hour + away). He turns 10 today and this was my gift to him. We had pizza and he played games for about 3 hours. He had a great time and I had just as good a time watching him. We got back to Starkville about 5:30 PM and DKB and I went out to have a leisurely meal at Shaherazad's. On the way, however, since we were passing by the house of my late wife's best friend, we stopped and had a nice visit for around an hour. D.M-P-C seemed to really like DKB and that was kind of important to me, since we are getting married in October.




Since DKB and I had been so busy lately with lots of things, I had decided that Saturday would be an US day. We, took a ride on the bike and had a nice meal at Mugshots. Had a nice little visit with my oldest son and his wife (& my youngest grandchild), and then went to see the latest Harry Potter movie. I've not read the books, but I've seen all the movies, and I expected great things from this one - since all the pre-movie hype said it was the best one yet. But, I have to say I was disappointed with it. It was OK, but I guess (because of the hype) - I expected more.




Sunday, I worked on a few tasks around the house (cutting up a storm-felled tree w/my chainsaw, fixing a step, combing out Shaddow, and bathing my 2 small dogs) and then in the afternoon (after a nice, hot shower) DKB and I watched a couple of movies. Dick Tracy (1990) with Warren Beatty and Madonna and The Crow (1994) with Brandon Lee. I thought both were good, but for different reasons. One thing that struck me about "The Crow" was that there was a line at the beginning of the movie (just after Eric & Shelley are killed) where the cop looks at an invitation and says "They were getting married on Halloween? Who the hell gets married on Halloween?" DKB and I looked at each other and grinned, because that is the planned date of our nuptials.




Ahh well, thats enough for now. I have more things to do. Everyone have a great day!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. wahoo! nice, you've been so busy that it was especially nice to have a day with just you and me, thanks so very much baby, love ya, debra

    ReplyDelete