Friday, June 20, 2014

Travel and Books

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I last made an entry. 
Since my last posting, DKW and I have taken a trip to Catawissa, PA, and the surrounding area.  We visited with her childhood friend and her family and had a pretty good time.  One thing we did while there was visit Knoebel's (pronounced by the locals' - "Kuh-no-bell's" - no silent K here.) Amusement Resort.  I went on the wooden roller coaster there (The Phoenix) and enjoyed it.  But imagine my surprise this week when I found out that that roller coaster was on "The Travel Channel's" list of "15 Coolest Roller Coaster's In the World".  And I rode it before I knew it was so cool.  NEAT!
I love to read, and I do read a lot.   I've read nearly all my life and have tried to pass to all my children my love of books (with mixed results).   And while I can understand the allure of electronic books, my personal preference is an old fashioned paper book that you could check out of a library. I read so that I'll live longer.  You mean that you haven't heard that you don't age while reading.  Well, that's my story - and I'm sticking to it.
Gotta hit the yard and mow again.  Haven't done it since the last time I blogged about it.  Never-ending battle ya know!
I'll try and do a better entry next week.
Everyone have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment