Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ranting- A Little

Ok - this is just me ramblin' on for a bit.  I don't know if its because I'm getting older or genetics or what.  But I feel like I'm cold nearly all day.  I work in a branch library where the temp is 65-70 most of the day.  I make complaints and somebody does something, but it never gets any better. I think that's one of the reasons I ache all the time at work.  It's okay when I'm home - our house is a bit warmer than work.  I mean, I do want my wife to be comfortable, and I can always grab the blanket off the back of my chair if I get cool.  (Which I do when I need it.)
The thing that a lot of folks don't understand, and what I get asked frequently, is how can you work in that heat?  (When I'm doing my yard work and such.)   The answer, to be honest, is I like it.  I always have water available to stay hydrated and I cover my shaved head so it doesn't burn.  When I'm outside mowing, its one of the times I am relatively pain free.  I enjoy the sunny days and the sense of accomplishment I have when I'm done.  I also tan fairly quickly and easily, so I don't worry about burning.  I understand folks will continue to worry about me as I get older, but I like to think that I have enough sense to take breaks when I need it.  In the last couple of years I have reduced the area that I mow from around 6 acres, to just under 3 acres.  I make sure that my mom, mom-in-law, and DKW & I have nice yards and a walking path between our homes, but that's it. 
Okay, I'll climb down off my soapbox now.  Everyone have a great day.

Not ME! Just a retro pic.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment