Sunday, June 2, 2013

Been A While & DW News

Well, Its been over a month since I last posted, but I've not been idle.
In May I went to my granddaughter's dance recital down in Clinton, Miss.  It was very nice and DKW and I had a nice visit with my daughter and her family. 
I agonized most of the month because I couldn't mow my yards (in addition to my own I cut my mother's and my mother-in-law's) because it rained every few days and keep the ground so wet that I couldn't mow without bogging down and getting stuck.  I usually start mowing in the middle of April each year.  This year, I FINALLY mowed for the first time on Memorial Day (Monday, May 27th).  Sheeeeesh!  I was glad to get it done.  I hope I can mow this coming weekend, but rain is in the forecast - so I don't know.
I've finally started getting myself back into the habit of writing.  Obviously I've missed some blog time, but its because I'm actually working on what I hope will be one or more books.  I'm spending at least and hour a day doing this, so its takes a bit of time from other things.  I don't want to say what its about, but once I have 100 to 150 pages, I may ask some family members or friends to critique it for me.  So - stay tuned and I'll update periodically.
As I type this I'm watching/listening to MSU playing Central Arkansas in the Starkville Regional of the NCAA Baseball tournament.  State is currently up, but UCA has runners on first and third with no one out.  State wins tonight, they win the regional.  They lose, and same teams play tomorrow night for the regional championship.  Go Dogs!
Bit of news today from the BBC.  They announced with Matt Smith will be leaving Doctor Who at the end of the year. Literally!  When this year's DW Christmas Special airs Matt's Doctor will regenerate.  No word yet as to who will play the 12th incarnation of the Doctor.  I hope the BBC continues to chose well!
Everyone have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment