Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Life is what happens when you make plans

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away - shing xiong


Last night DKW, her mom and I watched a good movie (Hachi: A Dog's Tale) which starred Richard Gere.  In the movie his character suddenly passed away at the age of 51 and about half of the movie followed the titled dog and others he left behind.  It was definitely a bit of a tear-jerker and got me thinking a bit about life.  I'm currently 57 and if I was to pass away tonight - I' have to admit I've had a good life.  I have a comfortable home and a loving wife.  I'm not rich - but I'm happy most of the time.  My first wife and I were married nearly 30 years and have 5 children literally all over the country.  It was a shock when she died young (age 48) and to be honest I never expected to marry again.    But we never know what life will bring you. and a tad over 3 years after Sue passed away I met DKW and we were married on Oct. 31st, 2009.  Our 3rd anniversary will be happening soon.  To refer back to the quote above - I hope that I still have hundreds - if not thousands - of moments left to take my breath away.   On a not-so-serious note, last weekend was one of those rare ones where my high school, college and pro teams' all won.   SHS beat Lanier High 48-0, MSU beat South Alabama 30-10 and the Oakland Raiders squeaked by Pittsburg 34-31.  MSU has a bye week this weekend, but my other 2 teams have tough games.  SHS plays Provine (Jackson, MS) High and Oakland plays at Denver. On a personal (football) note,  My grandson's (Trey) 8th grade (Clinton, MS) team is 5-0.  They are socring over 40+ points a game and each victory has been by double digits.  Yeah! Everyone Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment