Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sad News in the "WHO-niverse"



I was just saddened to learn that one of my favorite actresses in the "Doctor Who" universe passed away yesterday following a long bout with cancer. Elisabeth Sladen(63) joined the Doctor in 1973 playing Sarah Jane Smith. When she joined the Doctor (in his 3rd incarnation) was played by Jon Pertwee. After 3 1/2 years with Jon, she played alongside his 4th incarnation (long-time fan favorite) Tom Baker. She continued to play Sarah Jane in a couple of shows. The very short-lived "K-9 and Company" and more recently "The Sarah Jane Adventures".

2 comments:

  1. When Lauren and I had Direct TV she'd occasionally pop on Dr Who. Every time I'd watch I had the same question: "Who's that?" She's say, "That's Dr. Who." I'd say, "That's not the same guy as the last time." And she'd say, "They keep changing him." So I had Direct TV turned off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics of her with the Docs! I want to watch those again. I wonder if I can get a set of all the Pertwee and Baker episodes. -- Stine

    ReplyDelete