Tuesday, October 19, 2010

On the Road Again......


Well, tomorrow is a big day for me and I will admit to being a bit excited. I'm flying up to Williamsport, PA (from Jackson, MS) to get a motorcycle I've purchased. The picture here is the actual bike. It is a completely restored 1981 Honda Custom 400 CM. The only thing not in this picture is the windshield that has been added. I will be spending the night with the guy I purchased the bike from and leaving the next morning coming back home to Starkville. I anticipate the trip to take at least 2 days, if not a bit longer. I'm not planning to push myself too hard since I am only 4 months out from the June 11th accident (see past blogs for details) that almost did me in. And besides, I did promise DKW that I would be very careful and I always try to keep my word. When I'm traveling back, I have a bright orange suit (similar to this) that is insulated and rated to keep you warm when the temps reach down to 40 below zero. The predicted temp for when I leave there is around 40 (above) so with the suit & my long johns I anticipate being warm and very visible. Especially once I add a couple of reflective discs. With all the precautions I'm taking I'm looking forward to a very pleasant trip back. I am taking my cell phone (just in case) even though I know I won't be able to hear it while underway. I'll blog next week about the trip.
Well, this past weekend was HUGE for Mississippi State. We knocked off Florida in the Swamp and are now ranked in the top 25 for the first time since 2001. With a win at homecoming on Saturday (6PM CST against 2-4 UAB), the Bulldogs would be 6-2 and become bowl eligible for the first time since the 2007 (Liberty Bowl) season. That bowl was won by MSU over UCF, 10-3. The Raiders & my SHS Yellowjackets both took a step back. SHS lost a heartbreaker to Southaven (MS) 28-27. And the Oakland Raiders, are unfortunately, still bad. But they are my (pro) team and just like the High School and College teams I support. I'm still a fan - win or lose.
Everyone have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. wahoo, baby! just got in from dropping you at the airport...come back safe, love ya, debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you dad, please be safe coming back!

    ReplyDelete