Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Title on Blog


Well, finally got around to updating the title for my blog since DKB and I have been married going on 3 weeks now and she did take my last name. She's changed her driving license, social security card, etc. It is a little bit of a pain to get it done, but its all done now.

Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching and I'm going to do my annual dinner as usual. The gathering will be a little smaller than usual this year as some family members opt not to come and/or have other family obligations. They will be missed, but those family members & friends in attendance will enjoy my ugly (but falling off the bone tender) turkey with all the trimmings. I'm sure the day will still be a happy one.

I pretty much finished my Christmas shopping a few weeks ago. Come "Black Friday" (the day after Thanksgiving which marks the kickoff of the Christmas shopping season - for the uninitiated) - I will not be getting up early and fighting the mobs in any of the stores looking for bargains. Instead - I'm thinking of doing my annual Santa Ride twice this year. Once on "Black Friday" and again on 12/19. Haven't decided for sure yet though. My Santa Ride I do each year in honor of my late wife, who died in 2005 and her birthday is 12/23. Even though I've remarried, DKW is fine with this and understands why I do it. Plus I enjoy doing it and watching the reaction of folks around town.

Everyone have a great Day!

1 comment:

  1. ssssssssssssannTAHHHH, ooooooh i can't wait, i can't wait!! grins, loves, hugs, the missus

    ReplyDelete