Saturday, October 10, 2015

A Blast from the Past

Approximately 16 or 17 years ago (late 1998-ish) one of my children (I think my oldest son- but not sure as my memory sucks) gave me a music CD starring and produced by some local high school grads.  The group was 4 guys fronted by Wyatt Funderburk (who along with Steven Fazio) wrote all the songs except one (Fox on the Run - by Sweet).  The name of the group was "The Pendletones" and the album was not great (even Wyatt says -in the link provided - that the album was rushed, and it shows a bit).  All that said, I liked the CD and when it disappeared around 10 years ago, I thought I'd never hear it again.  Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, I was going into a local thrift store to look for something and saw the CD among those on their sale rack.  I didn't hesitate to pick it up and it is now in the rotation in my car.  I listen to it and once again my mind floats back to that last year that all (of my 5) children lived at home.  I know it wasn't a perfect time, but music tends to color the mind with good memories - and that's what I prefer to remember - who doesn't?  So if any of the Pendletones are still out there - leave a comment, if you read this.  It was an imperfect musical effort, and it will never sell a million - but - at least for me - it produces some million dollar memories.
Everyone have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment