Monday, October 6, 2014

Mississippi Magic!

I've been debating about a new post for a bit - 'cause I don't want to be jinxing anything- but after this weekend - DAAANNNNNGGGGGG! 
Not only did my Dawgs knock off #6 Texas A&M, but That School Up North beat #1 Alabama, and for the first time EVER, both schools are ranked in the top 10!  Not only that, they are both ranked (by the AP) as tied for #3!  Wowser! Wow! WOW!
And..........if ya couldn't guess - Dak Prescott is now considered one of the favorites for this year's Heisman Trophy, and will be in the mix as long as MSU keeps winning.

It doesn't get any easier for the Bulldogs as they host the new #2, Auburn Tigers this weekend. And, ESPN's Game Day Show will broadcast from Starkville (setting up in the Junction, outside Davis-Wade Stadium).  Now Game Day was in Oxford this past weekend, and Katie Perry was the guest picker.  I don't know who could be coming in as guest picker this week, but I could throw out a couple of suggestions - maybe, Brett Favre or John Grisham.  Brett knows football and John is an MSU alum (and also follows sports.)
Now I want to throw out a couple more football related "didja knows".  Starkville High School is ranked #1 in Mississippi and according to the Maxpreps.com website, #7 in the nation. And if that isn't enough, nearby (approx. 45 miles) East Mississippi Community College, is ranked #1 in the nation in the JuCo poll.  LOTS of really outstanding football in a relatively small part of Mississippi.
It is with nervous anticipation that I look forward to this weekend.  Lots more great games on the tube all day long.  That said - I have to give a "tip of the hat" to my wife.  She allows me to indulge in as much over the "pigskin buffet" as I desire, with nary a disparaging word or thought - for this I am greatful!  We will celebrate our 5th anniversary this month, and I feel fortunate to have her.
Everyone have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment