Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Week That Wuz


Thursday past (Aug.27th) I took off work so that I could mow & trim around my place. I have 5 1/2 acres to cut, so it is literally an all day job. I started around 9 AM and quit for the day at 6:30 PM. (And I wasn't done). I was very tired.


Friday DKB accompanied me to her first Starkville High football game. It was a very close game but we came up on the short end of a 26-21 score. I was enthralled with the game, DKB watched it with one eye but had her other eye on all the social interaction taking place around us. She was observing all the different cliques that exist in the H.S. social setting. The same cliques that existed when we were both in high school are still there, only the faces change from year-to-year and if you think about it I'm sure you can come up with what the cliques are.


Saturday I worked another 5 hours and finished up my yard work. After a much needed shower we headed over to my youngest's new place to visit and have supper. Its a nice place, but it escapes me how moving further away from your job and paying more from rent is going to save you any money. But hey, what do I know. I really hope things work out for her and her family in the new place. They are nearer her in-laws than me now, so maybe they will be able to help them out if they need any help. I hope so.


Sunday it rained nearly all day, but thats okay, I was so worn out and sore I had planned on taking it easy anyway and my sweetie took care of me.


Sixty Days - thats how much time is left until our wedding. All the invites are taken care of and hopefully next week we'll start getting some replies back. We hope to have a better idea of how many folks will be attending by the end of the month. We will have the final bits of our wedding supplies purchased by next week and be ready for DKB's mom & brother coming to visit and doing a bit of work on the house for us (their wedding gift to us). Things are coming together. Its a happy, but sometimes nerve-wracking time! But I can't wait until its here!


Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. well, ya know, everyone has their own thought processes to justify what they do...be it something they themselves agree with or something that they later change their minds regarding. every time i think we are done with drama, it rears its ugly head and starts spouting things that makes just about as much sense...ya know, i do love you, sigh, i do, grins, debra

    ReplyDelete