Monday, March 30, 2009

I'mmm Bacckkkk!

Sorry I've been so neglectful of my blog. I could say I've been busy, but thats only partially true. I've just been lazy getting back to it too. DKB and I have been busy cleaning and rearranging my house as we continue down the path to our wedding and getting it ready for her to eventually move in completely. We had a good time this past weekend. I took half a day off work on Friday and we rode my bike up to visit friends of hers in TN. (Hi Rick & Greta!). We had a great time, just visiting, playing games, riding our bikes & visiting the Shiloh National Military Park. I had been there many years ago (when I was in Boy Scouts) and it was really neat to go back. If you've never been, I encourage you to go. You really get a sense of some of the history of this country there. I love it. While in the park, Rick showed us the nest of an American Bald Eagle (and s/he was home). The eagle and the nest were HUGE! If you've never seen an eagle in person, you can not get a true sense of just how big it is on TV. Very neat. I would be remiss if I didn't mention Rick's daughter Jen. She is a great (trained) chef and I felt like I was dining in a 5 start restaurant while we were there. So much excellent food. I get stuffed thinking about it. Can't wait to go visit again! One of R & G's dogs had 13 puppies while we were there and another (Ollie) I expect to have hers any day now. Lots & lots of dogs. R & G, love you guys, but I'm glad its not me having to find homes for all those dogs. Good Luck! Anyway, I promise to begin keeping up my blog more frequently in the future - At least once a week. Everyone have a Great Day!

1 comment: